NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW OR REGULATION. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. You understand that you are providing your information to Five Star Alliance.
1. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION: Five Star Alliance Luxury Hotel Stays on Us-Book to Win!” (the “Sweepstakes”) involves several drawings to award stays at participating luxury hotels. Entry in this Sweepstakes does not constitute entry into any other promotion, contest, or sweepstakes. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Five Star Alliance, 1900 L Street NW, Suite 401, Washington, DC 20036 and Questex Media Group LLC, 275 Grove Street, Suite 2130, Newton, MA 02466 (the “Sponsor”) whose decisions shall be final and legally binding in all respects.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the (50) fifty United States and the District of Columbia (but excluding U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and other United States territories) who are twenty-one (21) years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor, Administrator, Sweepstakes prize suppliers, and each of their affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, sales representatives, retailers, printers, individuals engaged in the development, production, or distribution of materials, their advertising and Sweepstakes agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), and each of their immediate family members and/or people living in the same household, are not eligible to participate. All eligibility is subject to all federal, state/province, and local laws and regulations. All entries submitted are the property of the Sponsor.
3. TIMING; HOW TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins on Tuesday, September 15, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Friday, October 16, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
Method of Entry: During the Sweepstakes Period, eligible entrants may enter the Sweepstakes through Five Star Alliance. To enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period, visit www.fivestaralliance.com (“Five Star Alliance”) and book a stay at one of Five Star Alliance’s member hotels.
The alternate means of entry is visiting this website http://campaign.fivestaralliance.com/Hotel-Stays-on-Us.html and completing the application during the official sweepstakes entry period (Tuesday September 15, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time to Friday October 16, 2015 at 11:59:59 p.m. Eastern Time. As a part of a valid entry, entrant must complete the entry form with all required information, which will include full name, full address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, telephone number, email address, birth date, and agreement to the Official Rules. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you will automatically receive marketing emails from Five Star Alliance. You may opt-out after you receive your first email.
Limit: One (1) entry per person during the Sweepstakes Period.
Entries made by any other individual or any entity, including (but not limited to) commercial sweepstakes/contest subscription notification and/or entering services, will be declared invalid and disqualified for this Sweepstakes. Tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any entries deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to have been submitted in this manner will be void. Entries generated by a script, macro, or other automated means will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete, garbled, corrupted, or unintelligible for any reason, including (but not limited to) computer or network malfunction or congestion, are void and will not be accepted. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to use entrant’s name, city, state/province, country, likeness, image, and/or voice for purposes of advertising, Sweepstakes, and publicity in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification, permission, or approval.
4. PRIZES/ODDS: The prizes listed below (or prizes of similar or equal value) will be awarded in this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
(3) Three one night stays at Grande Colonial Hotel La Jolla, located at 910 Prospect Street San Diego, CA 92037
(3) Three one night stays at Baccarat Hotel New York located at 20 West 53rd Street New York, NY 10019
(3) Three one night stays at Belmond Charleston Place located at 205 Meeting Street Charleston, SC 29401
(3) Three one night stays at Acqualina Resort and Spa on the Beach located at 17875 Collins Ave Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160
(3) Three one night stays at The Ritz-Carlton Laguna Niguel located at One Ritz-Carlton Drive Dana Point, CA 92629
The sponsor (Five Star Alliance) reserves the right to substitute a different prize of equal or lesser value. Choice of prize from participating luxury hotels is at the discretion of Five Star Alliance. Airfare, car rental, and any other travel-related expenses are not included and are the responsibility of the winner.
The approximate retail value of the prizes will vary according to date, length of stay, and type of room booked, but will be less than $3000 USD.
Prize Notes: Winner and guest must have a valid passport and/or proper identification to check into a hotel. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary and on the same dates. Blackout dates may apply and all reservations are subject to availability. In the event the prize winner or his/her guest engages in behavior that, as determined by in its sole discretion, is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person, sponsor reserves the right to terminate the experience in whole or in part, with no further compensation. All gratuities, taxes, incidental expenses, resort fees, and any other expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the prize winner and his/her guest.
Prizes will be awarded only if the potential Prize Winner fully complies with these Official Rules. Prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Prizes are non-transferable, and no cash alternative or substitution will be allowed, except Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute prize(s) of comparable value if any prize listed is unavailable, in whole or in part, for any reason. No other substitution or transfer of prize permitted. Prize cannot be redeemed for any cash value, credit, or future promotions.
5. WINNER SELECTION, ENTRY DATES AND NOTIFICATION: By entering into the Sweepstakes via either of the methods described above and submitting your information, your name will be entered into a random drawing for a Prize from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Random weekly drawings will be conducted from all eligible entries received before or on Friday October 16, 2015. Conduct of the Sweepstakes and the drawing are under the supervision of the Administrator. The potential winner selected will be notified in person, by telephone, by email, or by express mail or online posting, whichever is deemed appropriate by the Administrator, using the contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any potential prize winning notification that is lost, intercepted, or not received by any potential winner for any reason. If, despite reasonable efforts, any potential winner does not respond within (3) three days of the first notification attempt, or if the prize notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to such potential winner, he/she will forfeit his/her prize and an alternate winner may be selected. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible, or if he/she has not complied with these Official Rules, or declines a prize for any reason prior to award, such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected.
Winners will be required to complete, sign, notarize, and return to Sponsor an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within 14 days of receipt of such documents from Sponsor. If such documents are not returned to Sponsor prior to such deadline, any prize won may be forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion, such potential winner shall be disqualified, and an alternate winner selected from the remaining eligible entries.
All winners will be responsible for all federal, state, provincial and local taxes.
6. ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning the prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
7. GENERAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees, for himself/herself and for his/her heirs, executors, and administrators (A) to release and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities., and their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of Prize or any portion thereof (including any travel related thereto); (B) that none of the Released Parties has neither made nor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, with respect to any prize, including (without limitation) as to such prize’s quality or fitness for a particular purpose; and (C) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Sponsor makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any prize furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SPONSOR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
To the extent that English law is applied to these Official Rules or the Sweepstakes, nothing in these Official Rules shall in any way limit or exclude any party’s liability for (a) death or personal injury caused by the negligent act or omission of that party, or (b) for fraud.
8. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, acceptance of the prize constitutes prize winner’s permission for the Sweepstakes Entities to use prize winner’s name, photograph, image, likeness, voice, biographical information, statements, and complete address (collectively, the “Attributes”), for advertising and/or publicity purposes worldwide and in all forms of media now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity, without further compensation or authorization, (except where prohibited by law), and releases the Sweepstakes Entities from all claims arising out of the use of such Attributes. Nothing shall obligate Sponsor, Administrator, or any advertising agency or other company or individual involved with the design, production, execution, distribution, or judging of the Sweepstakes to so use or engage in any of the above.
9. DISQUALIFICATION/FORCE MAJEURE: Sponsor and participating hotels., are not responsible for lost, late, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, incomplete, inaccurate, or stolen, submissions or prize notifications. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or undermining the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from, and pursue other remedies against any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. No mechanically reproduced, illegible, incomplete, forged, software-generated or other automated multiple entries will be accepted. Sponsor reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control have destroyed or severely undermined or to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein. In the Sponsor is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the Sweepstakes as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g., SARS), order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then Sponsor shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes. If the Sweepstakes is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prize described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
10. GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: THE SWEEPSTAKES AND THESE OFFICIAL RULES ARE GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, WITHOUT REGARD TO CONFLICT OF LAWS PROVISIONS, AND THE EXCLUSIVE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF.
11. WINNERS LIST/OFFICIAL RULES: Visit http://campaign.fivestaralliance.com/Hotel-Stays-on-Us.html or by mail, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Five Star Alliance Luxury Hotel Stays on Us-Book to Win, 1900 L Street NW, Washington, DC 20036. All such requests must be received by 11/30/15.
© Five Star Alliance, Questex Media Group LLC. All Rights Reserved.